In the small town of Grampian, a local grocery store was one of the best-known places around, and residents 6 News talked to say they’re shocked to see it’s gone.
Flames lighting the sky Tuesday night, a resident captured the moments a fire sparked at Holts Grocery store. “There was a bunch of smoke pouring out of it, and then the back lit up in fire,” resident Dylan Harmic said.
Officials say they got the call around 8 p.m. Tuesday about a structure fire.
The nearest fire department is right down the street, but they say it took the help of 12 fire companies to get the flames out.
“The building was here from the early 1900s, so it was a very old, dry building,” Chief Nick Selaer, with Grampian Fire Company, said. “So that’s why the fire progressed so rapidly.”