Firefighters continue to investigate what sparked a fire at a home on George Waterman Road in Johnston Saturday afternoon.
On Sunday, officials confirmed that one person died in the fire and two other people were injured.
Right now, an orange sign from the Department of Building Inspections is posted on the boarded up home that has been deemed uninhabitable.
“They’re a nice family. He was always nice, the wife was always nice, and their son was always nice,” recalled neighbor Brian Pelland.
Brian Pelland has lived next to the now vacant home for fourteen years.
He said whenever he would be outside he could count on talking with at least one of the family members.
“They used to come out and chat with me when they used to see me out in the yard,” said Pelland.