When firefighters visited the house at 110 Bowdoin St. on New Year’s Day they noted “major electrical problems.”
In a report released Tuesday investigators described, and photographed, an extension cord that ran from the second floor to a basement electrical panel with no cover. One meter supplied power to the entire triple-decker apartment building. Tangled wires dangled over heaps of discarded bicycles, tires, mattresses, and other debris.
Also released was perhaps the last-ever photograph of what a city inspector called a “boarding house.”
By Saturday morning, only the foundation remained. The house turned to ash after a 3 a.m. fire tore through the building, forcing sleeping tenants to run from their beds. One woman, Lucy Feliciano, never woke up, her neighbor Roland Colpitts said.