Report: 'Major electrical problems' at site of fatal Providence fire

  • Source: Providence Journal
  • Published: 01/09/2018 03:41 PM

When firefighters visited the house at 110 Bowdoin St. on New Year’s Day they noted “major electrical problems.” In a report released Tuesday investigators described, and photographed, an extension cord that ran from the second floor to a basement electrical panel with no cover. One meter supplied power to the entire triple-decker apartment building. Tangled wires dangled over heaps of discarded bicycles, tires, mattresses, and other debris. Also released was perhaps the last-ever photograph of what a city inspector called a “boarding house.” By Saturday morning, only the foundation remained. The house turned to ash after a 3 a.m. fire tore through the building, forcing sleeping tenants to run from their beds. One woman, Lucy Feliciano, never woke up, her neighbor Roland Colpitts said.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe