Cat rescued after grill sparks fire at Virginia Beach home

  • Source: WAVY-TV NBC 10 Portsmouth
  • Published: 05/17/2017 03:35 PM

Three people are displaced after a gas grill outside the Virginia Beach home they were renting caught fire Wednesday. Firefighters were called to the 100 block of Coventry Road at 2:16 p.m.Crews got to the scene within about five minutes and found the back of the home, near the grill, on fire. It took firefighters about 15 minutes to get the fire under control and it was out by 2:50 p.m. Norfolk fire crews responded to the scene to assist. Fire officials say a man was trying to use the grill when something malfunctioned.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe