House fire in Danville ruled arson

  • Source: Go Dan
  • Published: 05/18/2017 06:01 AM

An early Thursday morning fire that damaged the front porch of a Danville home has been ruled arson. The Danville Fire Department responded to 221 First St. at about 12:30 a.m. to find the front porch of the home ablaze, according to a news release. “The occupant was asleep at the time the fire was started,” the release stated. “He heard something on the front porch and got up to investigate. He found the fire and exited the residence.” When crews arrived they quickly put out the fire. The porch received damage to the floor, ceiling and siding of the house.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe