No injuries were reported in a house fire on Dawnwood Court in Midlothian early Monday morning.
The homeowner, Amanda Walton, told 8News she was asleep when the fire began and was awoken when the home lost power.
Walton says she heard rattling in her attic and initially thought it was a raccoon. But when she went up, she felt the heat and saw the flames. The mother immediately grabbed her baby and dog, and left the home.
“It’s surreal then it becomes a happy moment when everybody is OK and firefighters are here, and you’re not going to burn the neighborhood down,” Walton told 8News.
Chesterfield Fire PIO Lt. Jason Elmore said the fire began along the attic exhaust fan.