Large Portsmouth house fire that killed mother and son caused by frayed extension cord

  • Source: WTKR Channel 3 News
  • Published: 06/13/2018 03:41 AM

A mother and son are dead after a large fire at their Portsmouth home. Firefighters were called to the home on Atlanta Avenue around 4 a.m. Wednesday. When they arrived, they found the two story home engulfed, with heavy fire extending from the front porch area. According to firefighters 71-year-old Sandra Bracy and 24-year-old Jarrod Bracy were trapped inside the home and unable to exit. Firefighters dealt with difficult conditions, including zero visibility, extreme heat, and a large amount of belongings inside the home while trying to reach the victims. One of the victims was found on the first floor, while the other was rescued from a second floor window onto a ladder.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe