A fire alarm activation forced the evacuation of a few buildings at a retirement community on Pantops.
Firefighters were dispatched to the Independence Living community, located beside Avemore, just before 10 p.m. Sunday.
Residents reported smelling something that was burning, and were placed on buses during the investigation.
Firefighters said the fire alarm caused a sprinkler system to activate, damaging three of the units.
"Particularly because of the time change, we would like to remind residents to check the batteries in their smoke alarms," said Dustin Lang, assistant fire chief.
Residents began returning to their homes around midnight.