An early morning fire destroyed two bulk barns in Pittsylvania County. Ringgold Fire Chief Mike Neal says the call came in about 3 a.m. Wednesday. Firefighters responded to Marvin Collie Drive in the Kentuck community and found the barns fully involved.
A dozen barns were saved but two went up in flames. The tobacco belonged to Michael Thompson and was being cured. It is believed the fire started in a faulty heat exchanger.
24 firefighters responded from Ringgold, Kentuck and Blairs and were on the scene for two-and-a-half hours. There were no injuries.