A two-alarm fire destroyed a barn and damaged a home east of here Friday afternoon.
The fire was at 31900 Cumberland Kanasket Road. There were no injuries, the Maple Valley Fire & Life Safety said.
Firefighters were called about 1:10 p.m. for what was described as a garage fire.
But when they arrived they found a barn and small shop engulfed in flames.
Heat from the barn fire was causing a nearby home to smoke. So firefighters removed a woman from the home, then attacked the fire defensively, fearing that the barn would collapse.
There were reports of explosions, which could have been overheated propane bottles or inflated tires, Maple Valley Fire said.
The second alarm was called because of limited water. Water had to be shuttled to the fire. There were no hydrants nearby.