Firefighters rescue kitten and snake from apartment fire in Silverdale

  • Source: KOMO-TV ABC 4 and Radio 1000
  • Published: 09/12/2017 02:27 AM

Firefighters helped rescue a family's pets after an apartment fire in Silverdale on Monday. The fire broke out in a second floor unit at the Wellington Apartments off NW Randall Way. Crews said two adults and a dog made it out safely. Another dog did not survive. Firefighters then rescued a kitten and a snake from the unit.Investigators said the fire started in the kitchen and appears to be a cooking fire. One of the residents said they were cooking with grease. Crews said the fire was contained to the kitchen, but there is heavy smoke damage to the apartment.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe