Fire forces Ephrata family out of home

  • Source: iFiberOne
  • Published: 09/21/2017 03:13 AM

A Wednesday morning fire at a home on Basin Street displaced an Ephrata family. The fire broke out in the basement of a home in 400 block at around 10. Ephrata fire crews along with Grant County Fire District 13 raced to the scene to knock out the flames, "We had a small fire downstairs, crews were quick to respond, it was a personal contents fire," said Ephrata Deputy Fire Chief Anthony Graaff. One of the women living in the home says she and her baby were at risk of getting hurt, "it could have burned one of us because it was big." The Ephrata Fire Department says clothes under the stairs caught fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe