A Clark County deputy fire marshal continues to investigate what sparked a blaze that destroyed a fairgrounds building housing two food stalls. He said Thursday signs suggest the cause may have been electrical.
There were several electric appliances near the fire’s point of origin, said Caleb Barnes, deputy fire marshal.
“But it’s still undetermined,” he said. “The investigation isn’t complete.”
The deputy fire marshal planned to return to the Clark County Event Center at the Fairgrounds on Thursday. Firefighters responded to the fairgrounds early Wednesday morning and found the structure that included the Malt Shop and Grill and adjoining Chicken & Rib House up in flames.
Despite firefighters’ quick actions — the fire was extinguished in about 20 minutes — the flames burned so hot they melted commercial refrigerators and other large appliances, as well as everything else housed in the building.