Three pets die in Castle Rock fire

  • Source: Longview Daily News
  • Published: 02/08/2018 02:31 AM

A house fire in Castle Rock killed two dogs and a cat Wednesday, according to Cowlitz 6 Fire & Rescue. The fire broke out at about 9:52 a.m. in the 100 block of Milton Road and was confined to one room in a one-story single family residence. Captain Andrew Schneider said no one was home at the time, and firefighters had it out by 10:10 a.m. Schneider confirmed it was likely all three pets died from smoke inhalation. Schneider also said the house will need substantial repairs. The fire likely started beneath the house and appeared accidental, but no cause has been determined, he said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe