Man severely burned as propane tanks explode in woods outside Sultan

  • Source: KOMO-TV ABC 4 and Radio 1000
  • Published: 01/24/2018 07:39 AM

A man was burned all over his body Wednesday morning as a propane tank exploded in the woods between Monroe and Sultan, fire officials said. Firefighters from Snohomish County Fire District 5 responded to the scene, in the 28000 block of 176th Place SE, at about 5:50 a.m. after receiving reports about a burn victim and a propane tank fire. Arriving at the scene, they found a man with burns all over his body. He wasrushed to the hospital. His condition was not immediately available. A couple who lives nearby told KOMO News that the severely burned man had showed up at their door after they heard an explosion. The man told the couple that he knocked over a heater and hit a propane tank.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe