Neighbor pulls woman from burning apartment in Spokane Valley

  • Source: KAYU-TV MyFox Spokane
  • Published: 01/27/2018 06:50 AM

Spokane Valley Fire Department units responded to a reported structure fire at 512 N. Pines Rd in the Pines Village Apartments at 1:50 pm today. One elderly woman was in the apartment at the time the fire started. A neighbor heard her screaming for help, called 911 and rushed across the walkway to get the woman safely out of her burning apartment. She was later transported to the hospital as a precautionary measure. The resident in one adjoining apartment was safely evacuated by firefighters. Residents of the second adjoining apartment were not home at the time of the fire. Crews arrived on the scene to find smoke coming from the window of one apartment in the one-story building.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe