A 2-alarm fire that officials believe started in a shed eventually destroyed a house late Thursday night in Olympia.
Crews responded 1100 Fairview St. SE to find multiple propane and fuel tanks burning in a shed near the home. The fire, which started at about 10:10 p.m. Thursday, quickly spread outside of the shed and firefighters had to take defensive action, although they did contain it without any injuries to firefighters or the people living at the home.
2 people and one dog were able to escape. The house and the shed were completely destroyed. The owner said the shed contained propane tanks, welding tanks, diesel barrels, and several vehicles.