Sunnyside Firefighters called to stove fire

  • Source: Sunnyside Sun News
  • Published: 03/05/2018 01:04 PM

A family living in a home at 1532 Irving Ave. is without a cooking stove following a fire today, March 5. Food on the stove caught fire and the residents living inside the home called the Sunnyside Fire Department at about 12:30 p.m. Firefighters responded and the fire was extinguished, using a portable extinguisher, Sunnyside Fire Chief Aaron Markham said. After the fire was extinguished, firefighters removed the stove from the home. Markham said damage inside the house was superficial and limited to a cabinet above the stove.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe