The Pullman Fire Department is investigating a fire that damaged a unit at an apartment complex in the town's College Hill neighborhood.
Firefighters responded to the scene of the Morton Street Apartments just before 6 p.m. on Thursday. They arrived to find flames coming out of the windows and doorway of the second floor unit. Pullman Police officers helped the department evacuate the rest of the residents in the 32-unit complex.
No one was injured in the fire, but the single apartment was damaged from fire, smoke and water. The complex below the burned unit also sustained some moderate water damage.
Deputy Fire Marshal, Tony Nuttman, led the investigation, finding the fire was accidentally caused by an unattended pot of cooking oil left on the kitchen stove.