Firefighters put out a house fire in the Indian Trail neighborhood near Woodridge Elementary Tuesday morning.
Responding crews could see flames coming from the chimney on the side of the house on N. Seminole Drive. Firefighters quickly began their attack and were able to contain the flames to a corner in the attic.
No injuries were reported.
The cause is still under investigation, but the fire department says this is a good reminder for homeowners to inspect and clean their chimneys before using them this winter.