1 cat dead, another rescued in Hartland house fire

  • Source: WISN-TV ABC 12 Milwaukee
  • Published: 03/11/2018 03:05 PM

No people were injured, but one cat died Sunday in a house fire on Maple Avenue in Hartland, Fire Chief Dave Dean said. Firefighters called to the home saw smoke coming from the second floor of the house. Dean said firefighters were able to contain the fire to two upper bedrooms. One cat was found dead. Another was rescued. All of the residents got out safely, Dean said. The American Red Cross was called in to help the family. "This community will definitely come together and take care of this family," Dean said. The cause of the fire was not immediately known, but Dean said it could be the result of an electrical problem.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe