A fire that started on a deck and later spread to a kitchen wall displaced residents of a home in the village of Somers Monday. Somers firefighters were called shortly after 4 p.m. to the home at 11022 Seventh St. where a tenant had tried to put out a fire on the deck, according to Fire Chief Carson Wilkinson. He said the tenant had been burning a log in the fireplace and had placed the log outside on the deck to extinguish it. “They thought they had it out and found out that they didn’t,” he said. He said the fire then spread to a wall in the kitchen and that firefighters were able to contain and extinguished the blaze there before it could spread again. Wilkinson added that strong winds earlier in the day were believed to have been a factor in enabling the fire to spread to the home.