Breaking News
Videos: Fire on 50th Floor of Chicago High-Rise 
Authorities say a fire that broke out about halfway up the John Hancock Center, one of Chicago's tallest skyscrapers, has been put out. Five people were injured. Flames and thick smoke poured out of an east side window on the 50th floor Saturday. Authorities said the fire did not leave the residential unit where it began but the apartment was gutted and other residents on the floor would be displaced. The Fire department said the fire was accidental. The iconic 99-floor building also has offices, shops and an observation floor popular with tourists.

change state
Top Rung
Vacationing Florida lieutenant saves girl 
Lake County Fire Rescue Lt. Shannon Bush only thought he was taking a vacation from work when he and his family decided to spend a few days at an Orlando-area resort last week. Instead, the 14-year department veteran and Emergency Medical Technician found himself saving the life of a 4-year-old who nearly drowned, according to a press release issued Thursday. A little girl, who had moments earlier walked by and said hello to the family, was discovered lying at the bottom of the hotel pool.    
Read more here:
Daily Commercial

Sponsored by the Fire Service Bookstore                                                                                                          
previous item next item
click to view photo
Golden Valley (AZ) Firefighters Extricate Driver after Rollover - Golden Valley Firefighters responded to a single vehicle rollover accident. They arrived and found the sole occupant pinned inside her upside down car. The driver was talking to rescuers as they shored up the car with extrication struts before they pried the door open with the Jaws of Life.
Sign up to subscribe to custom
state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe  
lite version          need more info?