Ted Wills, Chair of the AFSA Board of Directors
DALLAS - The American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA) is proud to announce its 2019-2020 Board of Directors.The election of officers took place during the October 1, 2019 meeting of the Board at AFSA38: Convention, Exhibition, & Apprentice Competition in San Diego, California. Ted Wills, Anchor Fire Protection Co., Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania, was electedChair of the Board.
"The success of each of our members is of utmost importance to me," comments Wills. "Training, recruitment, and sound fiscal discipline are some of my goals as Chair of the AFSA Board. I look forward to what we can achieve this year and beyond."
Other newly elected officers of the 2019-2020 Executive Committee are:
- First Vice ChairJack A. Medovich, P.E.,Fire & Life Safety America (an ECFP Co.),Hanover, Maryland;
- Second Vice ChairLinda M. Biernacki,Fire Tech Systems, Inc., Shreveport, Louisiana;
- Secretary Jeff Phifer,Crawford Sprinkler Company of South Carolina, Lugoff, South Carolina;
- TreasurerPaul DeLorie,Hampshire Fire Protection Co., Inc., Londonderry, New Hampshire; and
- Immediate Past ChairWayne Weisz, Cen-Cal Fire Systems, Inc., Lodi, California.
AFSA's Board consists of seven Regional Directors (one for each of the seven membership regions), At-Large Directors, and the Immediate Past Chairman. Each year, one-third of the Board is elected to a three-year term, providing continuity in the association's governing body.
The 2019 election process resulted in the re-election of three directors: R. Donald Kaufman of Kaufman Fire Protection, Albuquerque, New Mexico (Region 2); Jeff Phifer of Crawford Sprinkler Co. of South Carolina, Lugoff, South Carolina (Region 5); Linda Biernacki of Fire Tech Systems, Inc., Shreveport, Louisiana (At-Large). Chris Johnson, Piper Fire Protection, Clearwater, Florida, has been newly elected to the Board as an At-Large Director.
A full list of the 2019-2020 Board of Directors is below:
- Region 1 DirectorLyle Hall, President,Western Fire Protection, Poway, California
- Region 2 Director R. Donald Kaufman, President,Kaufman Fire Protection, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Region 3 Director Rod DiBona, Vice President,Rapid Fire Protection, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Region 4 Director Dwight E. Bateman, President,Southeast Fire Protection, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Region 5 Director Jeff Phifer, President & CEO,Crawford Sprinkler Company of South Carolina, Lugoff, South Carolina
- Region 6 Director Michael F. Meehan, President, VSC Fire & Security, Inc.,Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Region 7 Director Paul DeLorie, Senior Vice President,Hampshire Fire Protection Co., Inc., Londonderry, New Hampshire
- At-Large Director Linda M. Biernacki, President,Fire Tech Systems, Inc., Shreveport, Louisiana
- At-Large Director Chris Johnson, President & CEO, Piper Fire Protection, Inc., Clearwater, Florida
- At-Large Director Jack A. Medovich, P.E., Senior Vice President,Fire & Life Safety America (an ECFP Co.), Hanover, Maryland
- At-Large Director Jay Strickland, President & Co-Owner, Strickland Fire Protection, Forrestville, Maryland
- At-Large DirectorWayne Weisz, President, Cen-Cal Fire Systems, Inc., Lodi, California
- At-Large Director Ted Wills, President,Anchor Fire Protection Co., Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania
- Ex-Officio Member Debra M. McGuire, MBA, IOM, CAE; President & CEO, American Fire Sprinkler Association
AFSA's Board of Directors is committed to the continuance of the merit shop philosophy, the promotion of property and life safety through the use of automatic fire protection, and the continued development of training for fire sprinkler fitters, layout technicians, inspectors and management. Visit www.firesprinkler.org/afsaboard.