South Lane County Fire and Rescue
Location: Cottage Grove, OR
RESIDENT INTERN FIREFIGHTER/EMT
Applications are available by calling South Lane County Fire and Rescue at
(541) 942-4493. Applications are also available at southlanefire.org all applications must be returned to 233 E. Harrison Ave Cottage Grove, OR 97424.
DEADLINE: Ongoing recruitment
Residents receive tuition reimbursement for classes required for Fire/EMS Associates Degree, Housing and other expenses covered per Fire District Policy at one of our Four (4) Fire Stations.
· Must be eighteen (18) years of age upon appointment.
· Must possess at time of appointment a valid Oregon State Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record.
· Must be physically and mentally capable of performing the functions of a Firefighter.
· EMT certification or higher
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
· High School Graduate
· NFPA Firefighter-1
· Hazmat Awareness/Operations Training
· EMS Driver (CEVO/EVOC)
Applicants must submit:
· An accurate and complete application for program participation.
· A current resume.
· Copies of certificates showing completion of minimum education and training requirements.
· Copies of training records, transcripts or certifications.
Application and resumes will be screened to determine if the applicant meets the minimum requirements. Qualified applications will be ranked based on experience and education.
Preference may be given to those applicants with:
· Previous volunteer experience; and/or
· Current enrollment in a local College majoring in one of the following disciplines:
a) Fire Science
b) EMT Basic, EMT Intermediate, or Paramedic
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED RESIDENT PROGRAM GUIDE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Resident Fire & EMS Program Guide