San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District
Location: San Ramon, CA
SAN RAMON VALLEY FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
invites applications for the position of:
Emergency Medical Services Coordinator - Registered Nurse
This recruitment is reopened. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for June 11, 2019.
SALARY: $10,491.00 - $12,778.00 Monthly, $125,892.00 - $153,336.00 Annually
RE-OPENING DATE: 04/16/19
CLOSING DATE: 05/16/19 4:00 PM
Want to serve the community by ensuring the highest level of pre-hospital emergency care? Interested in doing that as part of a dynamic and progressive fire district?
The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District is an industry leader in Emergency Medical Care (EMS) services. We are seeking a highly motivated Registered Nurse who has successfully worked as a continuous quality improvement (CQI) administrator. The District is looking for a candidate who desires to actively support commitment to providing a high level of service to our community through innovation, training (employee the community), and cutting-edge technology. We have it all here – residential, commercial, manufacturing, wildland and freeways, all of which will constantly challenge you and enhance your knowledge and skills.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become part of our dedicated team of professionals and to actively advance the mission of the District while maintaining our high level of customer service. We are committed to personal and professional growth and provide opportunities for you to stay current on training requirements, trends, and technology.
Plus, we offer competitive pay and benefits and a great work schedule (See the Benefits tab for additional information). The salary amount offered will depend on qualifications and experience.
About the Position:
This is a professional journey-level classification in the EMS Division. We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable, personable, highly competent with exceptional organizational skills, project management, communication skills and the ability to motivate others. The EMS Coordinator will utilize a team-oriented approach to develop and maintain the knowledge, skills and abilities of EMS personnel in a practical and applicable manner. This person will also assist with EMS quality improvement and overall EMS operational initiatives and duties.
Under the direct supervision of the District's EMS Chief, the Emergency Medical Services Coordinator is responsible for maintenance of EMS service quality through:
• Periodic observation of field EMS operations
• Analyzing the needs of the District and implementing improvements
• Facilitating compliance with reporting requirements;
• Capturing and documenting system performance metrics;
• Conducting continuous quality improvement (CQI) audits, reviews, analysis and reports;
• Liaising with the Local EMS Agency staff;
• Attending regular meetings with other EMS Division personnel and District staff, the District's Fire Based Medical Director, the District's EMS Advocate, CQI stakeholders, Emergency Medical Dispatch Review Committee (EMDRC) members and the District's EMS Committee;
• Networking with counterparts at other EMS agencies and service vendors to develop and maintain a system of service resources;
• In conjunction with Human Resources and other stakeholders, developing, monitoring and evaluating EMS related performance metrics and performance improvement plans for personnel, as appropriate;
• Facilitating the maintenance of Continuing Education (CE) programs and documentation of required EMS certifications for District personnel;
• Developing and delivering the District's basic life support (BLS) and advanced life support (ALS) training programs and activities;
• As appropriate, supporting Suppression Division operations during large scale incidents and performing other duties as required.
This position is an administrative assignment requiring a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday. Alternate schedules of either four (4) 10-hour days per week (4/10 schedule), or nine (9) 9-hour days over two (2) (9/80 schedule) may be available and would require the approval of the EMS Chief. Occasional evening, weekend, and/or holiday work assignments may be necessary.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT:
The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District is an independent Special District in Contra Costa County responsible for providing a high level of emergency and non-emergency services to the communities it serves. The District's service area encompasses approximately 155 square miles, serving the communities of Alamo, Blackhawk, Danville, Diablo, San Ramon, the southern boundary of Morgan Territory, and the Tassajara Valley. The communities are primarily residential, commercial, office park, and controlled manufacturing protected 10 stations and 180 employees.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidates must apply online through Government Jobs at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/srvfire. A complete job announcement is also available on the District’s website at www.firedepartment.org/employment.
To be considered, please submit a completed application, a cover letter and resume.
Job Link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/srvfire/jobs/2375822/emergency-medical-services-coordinator-registered-nurse