Municipal Emergency Services, Inc. and Lawmen Supply
Location: Fairbanks, AK
HYBRID - MES OUTSIDE SALES AND SERVICE TECHNICIAN - FAIRBANKS, AK
Municipal Emergency Services (MES) and Lawmen Supply Company is a multi-million dollar company providing PPE, tactical equipment, lifesaving equipment and services to the emergency responder and law enforcement markets.
The Outside Sales Representative will grow sales and increase company profits by cultivating current customers and prospecting for new business. The representative will increase profitability by promoting products, providing technical support and conducting training to new and repeat customers within an assigned territory.
- Promote sales of all lines of MES merchandise
- MES Service Technicians are expected to promote and sell services including: flow testing, fit testing, equipment upgrades, other preventative maintenance services and replacement parts.
- Promote products and new technology from manufacturers
- Technician is expected to manage their on-board or mobile parts inventory of $15K - $25K including the ability to communicate with office on parts replenishment
- Technician is expected to schedule service work in advance with MES customers
- Must attend manufacturer based training in the operation, maintenance and repair of life saving equipment
- Must successfully pass manufacturer certification testing prior to working on any equipment
- Must stay current with manufacturer changes in procedures, service notices and recalls of served products
- Must re-certify annually or as required by specific manufacturers
- Technician must be able to travel and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be capable of performing mechanical repairs and adjustments to self-contained breathing apparatus, breathing air compressors, and hydraulic rescue tools
- Must be able to troubleshoot and perform warranty repairs as required
- Expected to possess computer skills allowing the completion of digital work orders and use of computerized testing equipment
- A technician at MES should be mechanically inclined, computer skill savvy, a strong communicator, punctual, possess a strong self-starter work ethic and an ability to perform quality work with attention to detail on life-saving equipment for emergency first responders
- Must be willing to travel extensively and be away from home and the workplace.
- Previous experience with outside sales
- 3 years Fire Service Background as paid professional or volunteer preferred.
- Previous experience with SCBA maintenance is desirable but not necessary. Scott SCBA maintenance certifications highly desirable.
- Extremely well organized, ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain and adjust priorities as needed
- Effective communicator
This position requires a lot of driving and time away from home in the state of Alaska.
PLEASE EMAIL CREDENTIALS TO: JVARNER@MESFIRE.COM AND CAREERS@MESFIRE.COM WITH "ALASKA HYBRID" IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL. BECAUSE OF THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, ONLY HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MES.
CHECK US OUT: WWW.MESFIRE.COM / WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/MESFIRE / WWW.LAWMENSUPPLY.COM
MES/LAWMEN IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER