City of Glendale
Location: Glendale, CA
Under general supervision, this mid-management position assists in the development, coordination, maintenance and administration of the City's emergency preparedness program and plans. This position also coordinates and disseminates information to the City, public, and media (television, radio, print, and social media) related to emergencies, events and meetings. Additionally, this position is responsible for organizing and implementing various community outreach and educational programs.
The salary is $6,026.22 - $8,767.99 / Month – The applicable PERS contribution is deducted from the listed salary for employee’s retirement benefits
· Three years progressively responsible experience in emergency management, preferably in a government setting;
· Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Emergency Management, Communications, or a related field;
· Possession of a valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) card;
· Certification in NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 800; and
· Valid California Class C driver's license
· Experience in public relations, public information, education, social services, or a related field
· Completion of NIMS 300 and 400. While highly desirable, the certification in NIMS 300 and 400 must be completed within 6 months of appointment
The selected candidate must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation. For a complete job description and to apply, please visit www.glendaleca.gov
Apply ASAP as recruitment may close at any time.