City of Savannah
Location: Savannah, GA
The City of Savannah, Georgia seeks an Assistant Fire Chief who is a passionate fire safety expert and a true servant leader with the skills to inspire staff to outstanding performance, while supporting the Chief and department in meeting strategic objectives. The Savannah Fire Rescue Department strives to be a national and regional leader in the fire service. The next Assistant Fire Chief will foster an open and empowering work culture while ensuring accountability to meet the standards of excellence to which the Community is accustomed. The primary responsibility for this position is to manage the administrative and logistical aspects of the department.
• Working with City partners to more effectively manage the Fleet and ensure timely repairs, acquisition of new equipment, maintenance and access.
• Supporting a team to ensure a SFRD staffing plan that ensures a department that reflects the community it serves.
• Developing effective training, promotional and succession planning programs.
• Continuing work on Community Risk reduction goals.
• Requires Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university approved by the Department of Education supplemented by twelve (12) years of responsible experience of which four (4) years in a
supervisory and management capacity at Battalion Chief or above.
• Experience in fire suppression, prevention, and emergency medical response, in any combination with experience leading multicompany operations.
• Requires NIMS ICS 400 and working knowledge of the ICS system
o Executive Fire Officer (EFO)
o Chief Fire Officer (CFO) designation
o NPQ Fire Officer IV Certification
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license with an acceptable driving history.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range begins at $110,000 and starting salary will depend on experience and qualifications. The City provides an excellent benefits package.
More details can be found here
To confidentially apply for this position, please go to http://www.developmentalassociates.com and click on the Assistant Fire Chief – Savannah link on the left side of the home page. All applications must be submitted online through the Developmental Associates application portal, not the City’s application site. Please note that it is not sufficient to submit only a resume or “refer to resume” in lieu of outlining work history including time at each officer rank on the application. Application review begins April 10, 2020. Semi-finalists will participate in on-site interviews and skill assessments in Savannah on May 13-14, 2020. Applicant save encouraged to save these dates should they be invited to participate. All inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com