County of Sonoma
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Senior Fire Inspector
$8,096 - $9,840/Monthly*
Become a Senior Fire Inspector with Permit Sonoma.
Starting salary up to $56.58/hour ($118,089/year), a cash allowance of $600/month, and a competitive total compensation package!*
Have you successfully completed and possess?
- Coursework in hazardous materials and fire prevention and investigation
- Five years of fire prevention or suppression experience which included fire inspection, investigation, and/or conducting environmental compliance inspections
- A CA P.C. 832 course or equivalent police academy
- A CA Underground Storage Tank Inspector certificate
- CA certification as a Hazardous Materials Specialist
If you answered, "Yes" to all of the above, apply to become our next Senior Fire Inspector. Applicants with a Hazardous Materials Instructor or Fire Instructor certificate are highly desired.
As a Permit Sonoma Senior Fire Inspector, you will be responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and training assigned staff; assisting in the development of program policies and procedures and staff performance evaluations; and inspecting and investigating a variety of public and private properties to ensure environmental compliance with local ordinance and California Fire Code. Additionally, you will attempt to resolve difficult inspection, permit issuance, and enforcement problems; and may respond to emergencies as a duty officer.
The most successful and qualified candidate will demonstrate:
- Multiple years of experience ensuring that proper fire prevention and control measures are in place; and underground tanks, hazardous waste, and other materials are stored and handled correctly
- A strong work ethic and excellent judgment, with a common sense approach to resolving issues
- Highly effective organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and develop and coordinate staff assignments and training schedules
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to professionally and effectively interact with management, co-workers, and the public
In our 24/7 environment, and as members of Sonoma County's Hazardous Materials Response Team, Fire Inspector's must have the flexibility to be on-call and work any assigned shift as required.
What We Offer
When you join Permit Sonoma you gain expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities. You can also look forward to excellent benefits* including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $850 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Primary uniforms provided by the County and $7.30 pay-period contribution towards cleaning costs
- Annual $225 safety/utility boot voucher
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- Significant portion of health care premiums paid by the County and access to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- Stand-by pay of $6.82/hour
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply by 7/1/20
See Attached: Job Announcement