Roaring Fork Fire Rescue Authority
Location: Carbondale, CO
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FULL-TIME
AUTOMOTIVE AND EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
If you are ready to progress your skills to the next level and be a part of a high performing team in a world renown destination, then here is your chance. Roaring Fork Fire Rescue Authority is currently looking to fill the following position:
Automotive and Equipment Mechanic:
The Automotive and Equipment Mechanic is responsible for preventative maintenance and mechanical repair work related to Authority equipment, specialized fire/ems vehicles, and heavy fire apparatus.
Location: Roaring Fork Fire Rescue Authority
1089 JW Drive
Carbondale, CO 81623
Work Schedule: 40 hour a week schedule, plus occasional emergency assistance after hours, weekends and holidays
The candidate must have the following minimum qualifications*
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Three (3) years of experience preferably with emergency vehicle technician capacity
3. Valid Colorado Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement (or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire)
4. Certification/Degree from an accredited automotive school/program
1. Department of Transportation Aire Brake Inspector certification (or ability to obtain)
2. Automotive Services Excellence Certification (or ability to obtain)
3. Emergency Vehicle Technician F-1 within the first year of employment and F-2, F-3, and F-4 within a prescribed time period set by the supervisor
Applicants with out-of-state Driver’s License must be able to obtain the required Colorado License within 30 days of hire.
RT 7-2020, 9-2020
The Fire Chief may establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates. Candidates that are placed on the eligibility list will be notified of such. Eligibility lists are valid for up to 6 months, however the Fire Chief reserves the right to re-test and establish a new list at any time.
RFFR has an excellent benefit package for full-time employees that includes: medical, dental, retirement, life insurance, STD/LTD and a generous paid time off leave.
Starting Salary: Salary range is $56,904.09 – 65,844.30 BOQ
Contact Information: Renee Thomas, HR Director, 970-340-7048 email@example.com
Submittal Requirements: District Application
Copies of Certifications/Degrees
All of the submittal requirements can be submitted via mail or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure all requirements are included in your application submittal.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received at the Authority Office located at 1089 JW Drive, Carbondale, CO 81623. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Automotive and Equipment Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities