University of California
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Fire Sprinkler Technician (Plumber)
University of California, Santa Barbara
Summary of Job Details:
Plumber - Sprinkler Fitter: Maintains and repairs fire sprinkler systems and fire hydrants in on-campus and off-campus UCSB facilities. Designs, redesigns and assembles from working drawings and blueprints various systems including water, steam, sanitary and storm drains, irrigation and sprinkler systems and compressed air lines. These installations require a thorough knowledge of all building and safety codes, the ability to work from blueprints and make working drawings, and the ability to use appropriate formulas and computations for pipe sizing and fitting related to pressure and flow; performs welding, soldering and brazing as required; installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, air compressors, pumps, steam and hot water boilers.
• Must possess the skills, knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of Journey Level Plumber duties as evidenced by a journeyman plumber certificate or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Substantial journey level experience in institutional, industrial and commercial plumbing installation and maintenance.
• Thorough knowledge of all building and safety codes.
• Ability to work from blueprints and make working drawings.
• Ability to use appropriate formulas and computations for pipe sizing and fitting related to pressure and flow.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• C16 license or 3 years experience installing, repairing or maintaining commercial fire sprinkler systems.
Special Conditions of Employment
• Maintain a valid CA driver's license, a clean DMV record and enrollment in the DMV Employee Pull-Notice Program.
• Satisfactory conviction history background check.
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
Pay Rate/Range: $37.56/hr
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
Job # 26306