2 Michigan firefighters hospitalized from electrical shocks battling home fire

  • Source: WBJK-TV MyFox Detroit 2
  • Published: 05/15/2018 12:00 AM

Two firefighters were injured battling a house fire in Redford Township Monday. They were hurt after being jolted by electricity in the basement of the home near Plymouth and Inkster roads. Fire crews also rescued two people from the same home who were trapped by the smoke and flames. At about 11 a.m. they responded to reports of heavy smoke and a man and woman trapped inside upstairs. "They were able to get the lady out of the upstairs window down the ladder with her dog," said Fire Chief Scott Demoff. "The gentleman, they were able to get him down the stairs and out."


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe