VIDEO/PHOTOS: At least one person was hospitalized, and multiple properties were damaged as a mansion went up in flames in Upper Saint Clair Monday morning.
Emergency crews were called to the home, which was still being built on Scarlett Drive, shortly after 11 a.m.
“It sounded like this big thud, it must have been some type of explosion in the garage,” said neighbor Bryan Mathews.
Within minutes, the structure was fully engulfed.
Mathews is among a handful of homeowners who faced property damage as strong winds sent embers flying all across the neighborhood.
“The coals were dropping down on people’s mulch beds, smoldering,” said neighbor Tanner Murray.
Officials reported one person being transported to the hospital. Neighbors shared video of one man seen with burns.