VIDEO: Buffalo Firefighters struck three alarms for additional personnel and equipment to handle a fire that broke out Tuesday morning on Bailey Avenue near Clinton Street.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 10:50 a.m. Photos from the scene showed heavy smoke coming from a bowling alley/restaurant known as the Bowl Inn Pizza and Lanes in the 700 block of Bailey Avenue. The smoke billowed high into the sky and could be seen on the skyline from Orchard Park and along Route 190. Buffalo Fire officials say the fire started in the back of the structure, and caused the roof of the building to partially collapse. They say there were several 50 gallon propane tanks on the roof at the time it collapsed. Firefighters had been inside the structure trying to battle the flames, but fortunately they were all pulled out by orders of a chief on scene before the roof gave way.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries.