New footage of a burning Bolt EV added more fuel to Chevy's raging battery fire saga this week.
Early Monday morning, 20-year-old Jesus Damian's 2017 Bolt EV burst into flames while sitting in a parking lot near his apartment in Sacramento, California. The all-electric vehicle was unplugged and off when the fire broke out. The fireball comes after Chevy expanded its recall of Bolts to include every model year earlier this month. The initial recall in November occurred after several reports of battery fires. GM blames battery-maker LG for manufacturing defects. A neighbor who witnessed fire crews putting out the flames sent over a quick video to Damian. The video was taken at 2 a.m. Monday.