VIDEO: The young boy saved from a burning apartment in Oklahoma City recently met his rescuers.
The Oklahoma City Fire Department posted on its YouTube page a video of the 4-year-old boy meeting the firefighters who saved him from the massive fire at Cape Cod Condominiums on Oct. 22.
The OKCFD told News 9 that a cigarette or cigar caused the fire outside the apartment complex, which then spread to the building. Ten units were damaged.
Meanwhile, the fire surrounded the boy in the living room.
"I basically told the recruit on the bag, I told him, 'Hey, you get the handline,' and I had him behind me kind of knocking down the fire as we made our way up the staircase," said TJ Shaw, an OKCFD firefighter, in the YouTube video.
Crews had no time to waste.
"My TIC (thermal imaging camera) came on just prior to me making contact with the child. That's why I was able to see him," said Maj. Jonathan Davis.