VIDEO: The FDNY is still putting out hotspots after a fire destroyed a supermarket and laundromat in the Bronx over the weekend.
Investigators were working Monday to try to figure out if the lithium-ion battery responsible for a fire that burned through a supermarket and homes in the Bronx was not approved.
"There is nothing left and it is all because of this one single bike," FDNY Commissioner Laura Kavanagh said.
As the sun came up Monday morning, the light poured into the Concourse Food Plaza and laundromat next door, showing nothing but debris and charred rubble.
Officials say it was the result of an e-bike lithium-ion battery fire that started Sunday. "We have seven injuries, five firefighters, one member of EMS and one civilian, everyone is stable but this really shows you how incredibly serious this can be," Kavanagh said.