A Mercer County neighborhood was evacuated Thursday morning after a warehouse fire.
The fire broke out around 12:30 a.m. at the warehouse on Whitehead Road. Video from the scene showed flames were spilling out from windows.
Smoke was billowing above the buildings after 6 a.m. Chuck Hector, who works at a building across the road, said the fire sparked explosions and jets of flame were shooting up into the air.
"The flames went literally, 100 feet up in the air," Hector said. "There were large embers that were just going up and going on the roofs."
Some embers landed on his business' roof, but he said the damage was minor. The warehouse belongs to a company that buys out liquidated items, then stores them and resells them.
The building was "packed stem to stern with thousands of different items," Hector said.