A two-story log home in Fairbanks was reported as a total loss Wednesday after a fire had started in the garage.
State Troopers in Fairbanks had received the report of a structure fire at 484 Hirn Road in Two Rivers.
When troopers arrived, along with the Alaska Forestry Service, they found the two-story log home fully engulfed.
A trooper investigation revealed that the homeowner was fueling his vehicle inside an attached garage when the fire began.
The homeowner became ill from the fumes and exited the garage where he briefly lost consciousness, and When the homeowner regained consciousness, he observed the home to be on fire, according to the dispatch.
The Alaska Forestry Service utilized an Alaska Army National Guard CH-47 Chinook helicopter equipped with a water drop bucket to provide water suppression to ensure the fire did not spread.
Troopers said the structure was a total loss.