Athens apartment damaged by cooking fire

  • Source: WAFF-TV NBC 48 Huntsville
  • Published: 06/28/2020 09:46 AM

Fire broke out this morning inside one unit at an apartment complex in Athens. An elderly woman apparently fell asleep while cooking breakfast. Firefighters say her kitchen went up in flames, causing heavy fire and smoke damage. The kitchen fire happened inside a unit at Southwinds Apartments. Luckily firefighters were able to get the flames under control preventing it from spreading nearby units. The woman was not hurt. She’ll stay with her sister that lives next door until her apartment can be repaired.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe