Couple survives gas poisoning in Thatcher

  • Source: Eastern Arizona Courier
  • Published: 12/19/2019 01:03 PM

Two Thatcher residents are lucky to be alive after experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning on Wednesday. The Thatcher Fire Department was called to Stadium Avenue in Thatcher for a possible gas leak in an apartment at 5:27 pm. According to Thatcher Fire Chief Mike Payne, a young couple who were going to be married the next day and were working on their apartment when the male resident took a nap on the couch due to a headache. Payne didn’t tell the Courier what woke the male resident of the apartment, only that he awoke to find his fiance unconscious on the floor in the bathroom. After finding his fiance unconscious, the groom-to-be called his mother, who arrived and vacated the couple from the apartment.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe