Pirtleville: Local veteran loses home in fire

  • Source: Douglas Daily Dispatch
  • Published: 12/26/2019 06:36 PM

A local veteran lost his home in a fire Thursday. Shortly after 3 p.m., firefighters from the Pirtleville Volunteer as well as the Douglas Fire Departments responded to a mobile home fire in the 2600 Block of Camino Pinon in Pirtleville. Upon arrival, fire was seen coming from the back part of the home. It soon spread to the roof making it more difficult to extinguish. The Sunnyside Fire Department showed up with additional trucks and personnel and assisted in battling the blaze. Both the Cochise County Sheriff’s Office and the Douglas Police Department provided traffic control. The mobile home reportedly belonged to a local veteran, Jesse Staats, an employee with the Arizona Department of Corrections in Douglas. Pirtleville Fire Chief Tony Vaca said it is his understanding the mobile home had insurance which means insurance investigators will now have to come in and perform their investigation.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe