Fire damages Douglas residence

  • Source: Douglas Daily Dispatch
  • Published: 02/04/2020 09:37 AM

PHOTO: A local family of five has been temporarily displaced after fire damaged their home, Tuesday morning. Shortly after 7 a.m., the DFD was called to the 2100 Block of 23rd Street in reference to a structure fire. Neighbors reported seeing flames and hearing popping sounds coming from the garage. Upon arrival with two trucks and 10 firefighters, the DFD could see the fire was in the garage section of the residence. No one from the family was home at the time and the DFD was forced to cut a hole in the garage door in order to get access to battle what was burning. Since the residence was outside city limits, both the Sunnyside and Pirtleville Volunteer Fire Departments were called out to assist, arriving on scene around 7:30 a.m. by which time the fire had pretty much been contained by the DFD.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe