Unattended Grill Sparks Fire At Sacramento Complex With Possible Permit Issues

  • Source: KOVR-TV CBS Sacramento
  • Published: 08/07/2019 07:42 PM

Firefighters released new information about a fire that destroyed multiple small homes in south Sacramento Tuesday night. Sacramento city fire officials said someone left a grill unattended, which sparked the fire. CBS13 is also learning these were rental properties that might not have the right permits. City permit officials can’t say for sure whether the rental units on the property are supposed to be there. People living nearby said the possibility these units are not permitted, is concerning. “That probably shouldn’t be going on and could be a safety hazard if people aren’t doing the right thing,” said Courtney Wells. According to records from the Sacramento County Assessors office, the property is zoned for multi-family residential use, like apartments or duplexes. But the owners only have a permit for a single-family home.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe