A small acid spill at a dialysis center in Moorpark forced the evacuation of the building and caused a hazardous materials response Wednesday morning.
County fire crews responded to the incident in the 800 block of Patriot Drive at 5:10 a.m.
Firefighters arrived to find 15 people had left the building and 10 people complained of burning eyes, said Engineer Mike Des Forges, a spokesman for the Ventura County Fire Department.
The patients were treated with a saline solution, and none needed to be taken to the hospital, he said.
Des Forges said the spill happened in a stockroom with 3 gallons of Renalin, a substance used to sterilize equipment at the center.
Renalin contains a combination of hydrogen peroxide, peracetic acid and acetic acid. Responding crews neutralized it with baking soda, Des Forges said.