Fire breaks out at Pasadena banquet hall hosting quinceañera; worker severely burned

  • Source: KABC-TV ABC 7 Los Angeles
  • Published: 01/21/2023 09:17 PM

A fire broke out at a Pasadena banquet hall during a quinceañera Saturday night, leaving a young worker severely burned, authorities said. It happened at the Imperial Event Venue Banquet Hall on Lake Avenue and Claremont Street. According to a spokesperson for the Pasadena Fire Department, the fire broke out in the kitchen, which is located in the back of the building. He said it started in the kitchen's hood system. When officers arrived, they quickly began evacuating guests and were able to get everyone out safely, the fire department said. Witnesses said there were about 100 people inside. Investigators said the worker, a 21-year-old man who's currently in critical condition, fell through a portion of the roof. Other workers pulled him from the flames before he was sent to the hospital. No other injuries were reported.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe