Fire forces family to flee Hamden house

  • Source: Stamford Advocate
  • Published: 12/06/2018 08:30 AM

A fire in a bathroom forced a Hawthorne Avenue family to flee their home late Wednesday night. Fire Marshal Brian Dolan said the call came in at 11:45 p.m. “The first arriving units reported all occupants were out of the home,” Dolan said. Firefighters encountered heavy smoke coming from a first-floor bathroom. “The crew was able to extinguish the fire using a fire extinguisher, confining the damage to the bathroom.” Dolan determined that the fire started in the bathoom light/fire assembly. He said the family will be staying with relatives while repairs are made. Firefighters remained on the scene about an hour to ventilate the house and make sure the fire did not spread.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe