Woman sent to hospital, pets saved, after Hamden fire caused by candle

  • Source: New Milford Spectrum
  • Published: 04/07/2019 01:01 PM

A woman was evaluated Saturday night at the hospital after a house fire that displaced two people. The fire was reported shortly before 10:30 p.m. Saturday at the two-story home at 2625 Dixwell Avenue. Two residents returned to their house Saturday night to the sound of the smoke detector and called 9-1-1, according to the Hamden Fire Department. A 78-year-old woman was sent to Yale New Haven Hospital, the department said. The flames were contained to the bedroom on the second floor, which suffered heat, water and smoke damage, the department said. One photo from the department shows smoke coming from two front windows as firefighters use a hose, while another photo shows firefighters climbing ladders to reach the second floor, where flames are visible. The fire marshal is investigating.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe