Norwalk blaze displaces 7 people, pets

  • Source: Wilton Villager
  • Published: 03/14/2019 01:44 AM

Seven people, a dog and a couple of birds were displaced from their Colonial Village homes after a fire broke out Wednesday afternoon. The blaze began around 3:45 p.m. at 24 Suncrest Road, fire officials said. A 12-year-old child was home alone at the time of the fire but was able to escape uninjured. The home’s other two occupants were not home at the time. The animals that were home at the time of the fire were also uninjured, according to neighbors. Neighbors all along the one-way street were out watching as multiple companies of firefighters fought back the flames. Chontamekia Dupree, who lives next-door, said she first heard about the fire from a phone call.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe